Dorfin Daze

This is just one dog's look at life, love, and the occasional roll in cat poop. Though there are millions of stories out there, this is a tail from the point of view of a 6lb. Pomeranian. My name is Woodie the Dorfin and welcome to my world. PS. For those of you unfamiliar with blogs, the earliest is at the bottom, and the very first items are in the archives. It is a good idea to start there on the first visit. Also, fill free to comment or ask questions. I will bark... write back.

Friday, March 03, 2006

I Really Messed Up!

I am so depressed and sad, you just don’t know. Papa is so upset with me I had to have Mama write this.

My Papa took me with him today to do some business and run some errands. Everything was going fine. I rode in his arms part of the time and watched the road and cars go by. The rest of the time I snoozed on the seat next to him. It was great.

After an hour or so, it got so boring that when Papa opened the door instead of sitting there as I am supposed to, I jumped out and started to run around. We were in a parking lot of a small strip mall.

Papa went a little nuts. He kept shouting at me and I ran thinking it was such great fun. Then I noticed he was limping. I guess the leg he hurt last year was bothering him. He was bent down rattling his keys trying to get my attention, so I ran back to him. When he tried to pick me up I ran off again. It was such great fun.

Then I noticed his voice changed. There was something else in it. He was calling me almost with a tone of desperation, and mentioning Alfie. I’ve never spoke of him, but he was the Pomeranian that lived here before me. Papa watched him die, but that is another story.

It was when I heard this I walked over to him and let him pick me up. He was very angry and sad at the same time. It really bothered me. He put me back in the truck and put my leash on. He tied the leash to the steering wheel and finished his work.

Then I realized I really messed up. He no longer trusted me and that was why he was so sad. When we started home, it was a long while before he talked to me. I lay down and closed my eyes not knowing what to do. I knew I had really upset him.

When we were about half way home, he picked me up and held me close, closer than he usually does. I felt like crap.

Later he talked to me again and told me how much he loved me and how afraid he was when I ran off. They say we dogs give unconditional love, but so do Papa’s and Mama’s. I really hope he will trust me again someday.

Later,

Woodie


Copyright 2006 Dorfin Enterprises All Rights Reserved

3 Comments:

  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Thomas Vattakaven said…

    I think u`ve got a nice blog going here, but if i were woodie i`d make sure i had some mega adventures...atleast it would keep my readers hooked...something out of the ordinary. Do keep it up.
    visit mine at
    http://thomsupdates.blogspot.com/
    cheers

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Woodie said…

    A mega adventure for me is going with Papa and almost getting killed. More than that would be too much for me, and too much for his heart. I could lie and make up things, but Papa taught me it isn't nice to lie.

    Woodie

     
  • At 6:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LIEING IS NoT COOL! THIS STUFF IS REALLY CUTE!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home



Powered by Blogger

Pets Blog Top Sites









Blog Announce



Blogarama - The Blog Directory